Tuesday 26 March 2013

凡走過 定會長留

Had one of those 'it's destiny!' moments again today. Somehow these things happened a few times, mostly people that I am dying to meet appearing suddenly in front of me.

A few days ago, my mom mentioned a teacher that teaches at my former primary school in Labuan. The point is not the teacher though, but her son. At least for me, because her son is one of the three 'little brothers' I had in primary six then. I don't think about them a lot, but sometimes when I do it does bring back memories. One of the three I actually hear about quite frequently, and ever since leaving I have seen him once in Pahang for choral speaking (imagine that), and even more recently I heard about him from my friend. Turns out he's in KK now. So yeah, you can say I hear about him a lot.

This teacher's son though, was sort of the one that...I gave most attention to I guess. He is really naughty and whatnot, which led to many people not really liking him then. But I liked playing with him and sort of gave myself the role of taking care of him. I haven't heard about him in years, and hearing my mother mention the teacher made me think of him again.

Just now I went to 1B. I almost didn't get to go. My mom and I ate at this new place. We wouldn't have went there usually. My mom sat facing the door, and I sat with my back facing it. All these are just a series of events that led me to be able to meet HIM again. My mom suddenly said 'eh, the teacher!' When I heard that she saw the whole family was with her, I rushed out at once, and I almost didn't see him, but I spot the only guy that looked like it could be him.

I went up to talk to the teacher, with the slight awkward introduction of 'do you remember me? I am...'
But I was looking at him, and I swear I wouldn't have recognized him if not for the fact that 'that guy over there'  is the only one there that can possibly be him. He did look a bit more familiar as I looked at him more. Lets just say, he grew up into such a handsome young man! *tears*

I regret that I didn't say even one word to him, because I wasn't sure if he remembered me. Something made me think that he did, but I guess he is not the friendliest guy around. The only thing I got to do was wave to him, which brought back like zero response, and then I left. I regret not asking him anything, really, really regretted it, but I was completely tongue-tied.

Missing someone/thing/place is a really depressing feeling. The only thing you can do is sit around moping but whatever it is you're missing is not coming to you. Meeting him again made me really nostalgic, and I start missing the people, the simple moments, and most importantly Labuan, again. I haven't been back there in years. I seem to have a memory deficit when it comes to my childhood, because I hardly remember anything that happened when I was young, but I remember the school, with it's big stuffy hall. The beach we go to on the weekends, where I collected tons of seashells, whereas now I go to the beach like once a year. The only shopping center we could go to because there was nowhere else we can go. The little choir group I'm in that wins every year, the music camp where I played my first 'water wars', and my three 'little brothers'. Hm, I guess this leaves one more than I haven't met ever since I left. It is such a weird feeling, you're at home, but you are homesick. 

I don't think 'destiny' happens more than once, and I don't think I will ever get to see him again. But at least I did, a few days after I talked about him with my mom. As for Labuan, I am definitely going back there, if not soon, then later.

Wait for me, I will be back.

帶我到天涯和海角
一年 一輩子 隨風
永遠也忘不了

Have a happy day everyone,
Lexie       

  

2 comments:

  1. Lexie!! :D You saw him in 1B??? Which shop u went? wahh mmg destiny o! Bring me with you to Labuan~ XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Ching Pu Liang, just opened (I think). We go Labuan together ah someday~~~ *promise!!*

    ReplyDelete