Friday 22 March 2013

Unwind

    Tests over!!! Yes! I can finally do what I planned to do, at least for today and tomorrow. Then it is back to finishing all the school stuff during the holidays.  As for what I planned to do, it is....

Reading. But reading fiction, for once. I spent the book vouchers on two awesome books, firstly, the one I have currently started reading:




the third book in John Grisham's Theodore Boone series, 'The Accused'. I don't know why this was the first book that came into my mind when I was deciding what to buy, I myself didn't even know that I liked this series that much. I read the first one (belongs to my brother), and I guess I had this 'dying to read the continuation' feeling when I finished it. But I couldn't find the second book at the store that I wanted to use the voucher, so I just bought the third one anyway.

Generally, it is about a twelve year old kid who is interested in law, and hangs out in court and I guess tries to be somewhat of a lawyer himself. And then a lot of interesting stuff happens, go figure. I think what I like about the series is that...it has a sort of mature, but not too serious note to the storyline, which is very much my taste. And the language is simple enough without a lot of unnecessary crazy words that strain my brain when trying to read it. Straightforward but meaningful is how I like my writing I guess. Also, it is about a twelve year old kid dealing with the law, I mean how awesome is that xp. The book is not too thick...

      But it is quite expensive 0.0 Wouldn't have bought it if not for the voucher, hehe xp.

And next, the book that I read a bit of, and couldn't put down. But I had to stop anyway cause I wasn't done studying. It is this:





Ta Da!!! Finally got a Stephen King, how outdated am I. But I opted for the one that is....apparently not scary, because me and horror just doesn't mix well. In fact it doesn't have to be horror, as long as it is somewhat disturbing, I prefer not to read it. I tried reading Stephen King's 'Misery' once in the beloved school library, and I stopped even before the scary part started because I can predict what happens next and  it was starting to get disturbing. It was a great read, but I stopped anyway. Maybe I should continue with it someday...

But anyhow, even when reading the first few pages of 11.22.63, I've already started getting obsessed with it. Besides the cool title,  I really think that there is this quality to his writing that lures you in and makes you not want to stop. I don't know what it is, but maybe it is like what Mr. Marlboro said, he makes you seemingly 'know' the character and get interested in the character, even get attached to it. Well I only just started so I don't know about that, but I can feel the 'vibes' , the 'it is going to be a good read' vibes. So the story involves someone going back in time, and it sounds quite typical. But when you read this book, the storyline is so non-typical that you get really interested in what is going to happen next. Ah, can't wait to continue with it!


On another note, just listened to 带我走 by Bell 宇田 yesterday. Even though you can't really hear it while just listening, but there is actually a  Malay phrase in the song: 

Oh Wau Bulan,
屬於你我的紙月亮
夢想在空中 綫在你手中
記得千萬別放手

Yeah the whole Malay plus Chinese thing makes the song even better. And it sounds really poetic too, goes very well with the melody. :D Oh the sentimental songs.

And so I realized that I actually really like it when the lyrics of a song mixes Malay and Chinese (being patriotic?). Another example is 天天天天说爱你/ Aku Cinta Padamu by 阿牛. I was obsessed with the song years ago, and now listening back, I am still kinda obsessing about it. It is such a cute song, and the 'Aku Cinta Padamu' in it? Awwww :3 It makes me miss a lot of people too, the friends that are not with me now. (you know who you are xp). Sigh. I wonder how everyone is doing now.....


请我的你 记得要想起
此时此刻你就在我心里
秋天冬天 下雨或天晴
aku cinta pada mu 

:)


.  Note: Hello Mr. Freedom ;) Thanks for mentioning me in your blog, hahaha!

Have a happy day everyone,
Lexie








No comments:

Post a Comment