Friday 5 April 2013

Thank You, I Really Appreciate It

      Yesterday, we had one of those awesome motivational talks again. Yes, awesome, because it truly was! I mean the basic ideas that were conveyed were quite similar to the talks I've heard before, but I guess there was an extra touch of fun in the talk yesterday. The speaker was also one of those funny 'bersemangat' guys as most of them are, but difference is, he...asked us to sing a lot? And a lot of things he said I actually took quite seriously for once. We ended up quoting him a lot today :)

     Of course the basic point is to get us students to be motivated for our exams. But I mostly got things that we should apply in life to be happier in general. We get upset about a lot of things, and sometimes we feel like we can't control how we feel, but I am starting to think that maybe telling ourselves positive things can really work. Mostly I tried substituting 'I am so tired' with 'I feel great' today. =.=    

    One of the things I kept in mind is the way to express your thanks. Apparently thank you or 谢谢 isn't enough, because it doesn't show how you feel inside. Terima kasih on the other hand is good, because it means 'I accept your love'. When he mentioned that I felt that it does sound kinda sweet. So one of the better ways to say it is this - Thank you, I really appreciate it.

Quick quiz: who is the most 'gentlemanly' guy in my class?

Answer: Mr. G!

     I don't know if after today he is really leaving us forever, because even he himself couldn't (or wouldn't) give a straight answer. But if he is, he didn't say goodbye! I even reminded him about it too! =.=  Anyway, I guess it's true that you don't feel very much about something/someone until that thing is gone. I am going to miss him. :( He is really a gentleman, and many girls will agree about it too. He can be a bit childish, quite indifferent about many things, sleeps a lot in class, but he is no doubt a very nice guy. Not to mention the amount of general knowledge he knows, especially about wars! Two memorable things that happened last year -

Firstly, we were doing our chemy. experiment. What I said was this: "where did you get the conical flask?'
He replied with this: "I'll help you take."   NUFF SAID.

Secondly, he asked me to help him pass up his file to the teacher's office, even though we were supposed to go together. I agreed, (with slight complaints xp). But what ended up happening was , he said 'no bah no bah' like he always does, and he helped me take mine down instead. Again, NUFF SAID.

And don't even get me started with how he acts around us in his house, so polite I can't even put it into words. Awh. I am really going to miss him!! :( I hope he gets more serious in a new environment, and of course I hope he will do well in the future! If I can make a conclusion to everything I want to say to him...

Thank you for everything, I really appreciate it.

   Have a happy day everyone,
Lexie

  

No comments:

Post a Comment